Nissan constantly pushes boundaries. As a Sales Manager in a Nissan dealer you will need to enthuse your sales team about Nissan products and services and inspire them to go beyond what’s expected.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the sales process, from the initial meet and greet through to the sale and vehicle handover. Results driven, you will ensure company and Nissan operating standards are maintained together with sales, profit and customer satisfaction performance targets.
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding the planned volumes and profitability of the sales department, managing the purchase, preparation and display of vehicles
- Drive the sales process by monitoring monthly, quarterly, and annual targets. Motivating the sales team to achieve performance targets for unit sales, profit per unit, finance penetration and add-on products.
- Pro-actively manage the overall customer journey to deliver and exceed the expectations of our customers through quantifiable metrics
- Conduct one to one coaching and appraisals with the team to continually develop their skills and knowledge and assist with deals when required.
- Commercially aware – Provide accurate appraisals of all vehicles presented in part-exchange and negotiate with customers to maximise sales.
- Regularly check the quality and accuracy of data capture with the sales administration process to ensure data quality and FCA standards are met.
- Engender a strong customer focus within the sales team and take ownership of any customer complaints to ensure the customers experience is exceptional.
- Manage department costs, in line with dealership objectives to ensure that margins are maintained and expenses controlled, utilising all resources cost effectively.
- Key relationship and contact with the Nissan Sales Field Team
- Ensure that the Sales Team understand the most current quarterly Nissan product offers/campaigns
- Maintain knowledge of local market competition and marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for the professional presentation of the dealership site
- You will have a proven record in driving vehicle sales performance as a manager or controller ideally within a franchised dealership.
- Have a passion for the industry and possess strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire others to strive for success
- Results focused, you will be resilient and able to manage department setbacks and maintain a positive work environment.
- Performance management and coaching skills to identify areas of weakness and to build effective coaching and development plans improve performance.
- Highly numerate and able to produce and utilise sales reports.
- Possess a strong customer focus and take pride in deliver a high-quality experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Be an experienced negotiator and confident to manage challenging sales deals to a successful close.
- Well-presented and able to engage and build positive relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Honest with high levels of integrity.
- Valid Driving Licence.